As beautiful as it is functional.
Brewista 8 Cup Hourglass Brewer
Brewista’s revolutionary redesign of the classic hourglass brewer works with virtually any style paper filter; square, full cone, flat V cone, circular and standard or tall basket styles. You can use the filters of your choice. The patent pending vent tube and ribbed interior make it possible. Together they prevent the vacuum which leads to overflow during the bloom. The ribs also keep filters from sticking when wet, so removing grounds is simple and neat when you are ready to pour. An innovative dual spout design provides smooth serving without splashing. The ergonomically designed profile and non-slip, heat resistant silicone wrap make it easy to handle. Durable tempered borosilicate glass maintains temperature without cracking under quick temperature changes.
- Works with virtually any style coffee filter
- Vent tube ensures consistent brewing
- Tempered borosilicate glass
- Thick, protective silicone wrap
- Dual pour spouts for smooth serving
- Interior ribs prevent filters from sticking
- Perfect for brewing 1 to 8 cups
Parts and Materials:
Body: Tempered borosilicate glass
Grip: Heat resistant BPA free silicone
- To brew perfect coffee with Smart Brew™ Hourglass Brewers, we recommend using a Brewista® Smart Pour™ Gooseneck or Stout Spout™ Kettle for ultimate control.
- Place any style paper filter into the Smart Brew™ Hourglass Brewer, and dampen the filter with the heated water.
- Keep filter in place and dispose of the preheated water.
- Add one tablespoon of medium ground coffee to the filter for every 5 ounces of water to be used.
- Start a timer.
• Pour in just enough water to saturate all of the grounds evenly.
• Allow to bloom for 35 seconds.
- After the bloom, slowly pour in the remaining pre-measured water using a circular motion. Pace yourself to complete pouring at around 3:30.
- Discard the filter and grounds.
- Pour your perfectly brewed coffee from the spout without the vent tube. Sip and enjoy!
- To clean, remove silicone wrap. Hand wash glass and silicone wrap separately.