A revolutionary new grinding technology
Baratza Sette 270Wi
A new standard in simplicity, efficiency, and durability
This new mechanism has the outer burr rotate and the inner burr is fixed, a truly revolutionary design. The design of this mechanism doubles the efficiency of similarly sized grinders. Coffee passes straight through the grinder, vertically, and drops directly into the grounds bin or your portafilter.
The Sette has a macro/micro adjust for grind size, as well as 3 programmable settings for dosing. These combined features offer the user incredible repeatability.
A unique, built-in, convertible device holder allows the user to grind directly into a portafilter, the supplied grounds bin, or most of the popular brewing devices. This 270Wi grinder was designed using the weighing technology of Acaia, giving precise and accurate weight based dosing, with the revolutionary ability to grind by weight directly into a portafilter. This is a breakthrough in grinding technology! In line with Baratza’s focus on process improvement and quality, and our ongoing efforts to improve the functionality of our grinders, we have made significant improvements with the weight accuracy and repeatability of the Sette 270W. The updated grinder is called the Sette 270Wi.
- The “i” in 270Wi stands for intelligence – the grinder now quickly calculates and predicts the stop point when you change your grind setting, beans, or dose weight. This eliminates the need to adjust the offset.
- The new 270Wi maximizes its built-in Acaia high precision scale by filtering unpredicted vibrations that could affect dosing accuracy, such as door closures, footsteps, unsteady surfaces.
- A “quick burst” feature allows you to add small increments of coffee to your final dose after the grinder has stopped.
- In the event of a software update, it can be installed wirelessly via the integrated Bluetooth using Apple phone or tablet.
- Recent versions of the Sette 270W are upward compatible to the Sette 270Wi, by purchasing and installing the new 270Wi Display panel and then updating the software via an Acaia App.